FIBA's global initiatives to develop the game

By ALAN WALLS

Welcome to The International Basketball Opinion, the only blog specifically dedicated to international basketball news, business and current events.

Though many of my blog posts are critical of FIBA, I want it to be clear that I am not anti-FIBA. Quite the contrary. I am a fan of FIBA and its regional and global competitions and my hope is that in one small way or another my criticisms and suggestions may lead to changes and improvements.

With that being said, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate FIBA and highlight some of the positive global initiatives they have undertaken to help grow the game in underdeveloped and underserved countries and regions.

Last month FIBA announced the launch of their FIBA PLUS Strategy and Planning Program with the National Basketball Federation of Trinidad and Tobago and last week the Guam Basketball Confederation and the National Basketball Federation of Cape Verde serving as their first participating federations. 


From FIBA.basketball: The program, a pilot project delivered by FIBA, is designed to assist National Federations in the development of basketball in their country by helping them develop a sustainable strategic focus. The FIBA PLUS Strategy and Planning program is one of the initiatives undertaken by FIBA, as part of its 2019-2027 long-term strategy, to "Empower National Federations" to reach their full potential.

This initiative is a tailor-made program for each federation/country with the aim to put in place correct strategies for its specific needs to improve the federations' capacities to organize, professionalize and commercialize its basketball activities, ensuring the game's successful development in their countries.

Click here to read the full article on Guam.

The FIBA Foundation and their Basketball For Good program supports grassroots level projects in developing countries through the donation of sporting materials and training and educational opportunities. Last week the foundation announced that it has selected five projects to support with basketballs donated by official FIBA partner Molten.


The projects selected are from the countries of Ghana, Syria, Gabon, Guatemala and Tanzania.

Click here to read the full article.

Again, congratulations to FIBA for these initiatives. I truly hope they lead to positive, long-term development. I am especially hopeful for the FIBA PLUS Strategy and Planning Program as it is very much needed by the mid- and lower-level federations.

Any team or organization is only as strong as its weakest link and many a federation need assistance and guidance in professionalizing their operations and development, both on and off the basketball court. 

This is a step, or pivot if you will, in the right direction.

-------------

 

Author Alan Walls is an American international basketball coach and administrator with over 25 years of experience on the youth, high school, NCAA, professional and national team levels in 16 countries and on five continents.  Walls has worked with the national federations of Turkey, Romania, Palestine, Mongolia, Kenya and El Salvador as well as coached or conducted camps and clinics throughout the United States – including his native Hawai’i – Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, China, Hong Kong and Israel. Walls is the founder and Secretary-General of the United Nations of Basketball (2020 launch).

Comments

  1. How I Got My Ex Husband Back…Greetings to everyone reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after 15years of marriage just because another woman He left me and the kids to suffer. one day when i was reading through some websites. I saw testimonies on how people thank Dr Obinna for helping a lot of people get their broken marriages fixed back after divorced and breakup. He restored their marriage and relationship back as one. So i decided to contact this great man because i can't afford to loose my husband any more I love my husband so much I contact this man HE helped both men and women, boyfriend and girlfriend to get back their ex lovers and even fixed and restored their broken home back to happiness as one. I sent him a message on: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com and I waited patiently for his reply. It was about an hour or 2.When he replied to me He told me what to do that will help me bring my husband back to me and after 2 days as I share my testimonies with you my husband is back to me and my kids. I am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back. because I am now in big happiness with my husband. Thanks to Dr Obinna. If you need any kind of solution to solve and win your health issues, broken relationships, or broken marriage problems. You can reach him on: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Suppliers of sports products rank among the Fortune 500 of companies.


    Ballers World Order

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FIBA events name changes - what's in a name?

NBA & FIBA airball Basketball Africa League naming, branding and imaging

FIBA: Has the rest of the world caught up to Team USA?