USA Basketball slam dunks with hire of Grant Hill

By ALAN WALLS

Welcome to The International Basketball Opinion, the world’s only blog specifically dedicated to international basketball news, business and current events.

 
Yesterday USA Basketball announced the hiring of Grant Hill to replace Jerry Colangelo as men’s team managing director after the Tokyo Olympics.

This a GREAT hire by USA Basketball! There is no one more qualified for the position:

- Gold medalist with the 1990 USA U18 Americas Championship team
- Bronze medalist with the 1991 USA Pan American Games team
- 2-time national champion at Duke University (1991 & 1992)
- Member of 1992 USA Developmental Team that scrimmaged and beat the original Dream Team
- 1996 USA Olympic Gold medal team member
- Played on five USA Basketball teams and won two gold medals and one bronze medal and compiled an overall record of 26-1 (.963 winning percentage)
- Played 19 NBA seasons: 7-time All-Star, 5-time All-NBA
- Inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame (2014)
- Inducted into the Duke University Hall of Fame (2016)
- Inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as a player (2018)


I hope that his serves as an example to other federations to follow.

Federations around the world need to involve/hire more experienced and qualified former players and get rid of the political appointees just looking for positions of power.

-------------

Author Alan Walls is an American international basketball coach and administrator with over 26 years of experience on the youth, high school, NCAA, professional and national team levels in 16 countries and on five continents. Walls has worked with the national federations of Turkey, Romania, Palestine, Mongolia, Kenya and El Salvador as well as coached or conducted camps and clinics throughout the United States – including his native Hawai’i – Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, China, Hong Kong and Israel. Walls is the founder and Secretary-General of the United Nations of Basketball (2020 launch) and founder and President of the International Basketball Union (2021 launch).

Comments

  1. How I Got My Ex Husband Back…Greetings to everyone reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after 15years of marriage just because another woman He left me and the kids to suffer. one day when i was reading through some websites. I saw testimonies on how people thank Dr Obinna for helping a lot of people get their broken marriages fixed back after divorced and breakup. He restored their marriage and relationship back as one. So i decided to contact this great man because i can't afford to loose my husband any more I love my husband so much I contact this man HE helped both men and women, boyfriend and girlfriend to get back their ex lovers and even fixed and restored their broken home back to happiness as one. I sent him a messageon: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com and I waited patiently for his reply. It was about an hour or 2.When he replied to me He told me what to do that will help me bring my husband back to me and after 2 days as I share my testimonies with you my husband is back to me and my kids. I am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back. because I am now in big happiness with my husband. Thanks to Dr Obinna. If you need any kind of solution to solve and win your health issues, broken relationships, or broken marriage problems. You can reach him on: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Professional teams represent the major cities in America and engage in all major sports.


    Ballers World Order

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to be a very poor woman who has always not find luck when it comes to playing the lottery. I have been playing lottery since i was 21 years and now i am 45 meaning i have been playing lottery for 24 years. The biggest amount i have ever won in my life was 400 bucks. But one day my story turns to history after i find this man name on the Internet that he is the best when it comes to winning lottery. This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. After all my years of laboring and struggling to win the lottery i finally won ( $27,000,000) Dr Alli is the name, Email:  allispellhelp1@gmail.com or contact him on his whatsApp number +2348100772528 this is the only way to win the lottery and the best way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FIBA events name changes - what's in a name?

NBA & FIBA airball Basketball Africa League naming, branding and imaging

FIBA: Has the rest of the world caught up to Team USA?